The North Carolina Host State Committee cordially invites you to the 74th Annual Meeting of the Southern Legislative Conference in Winston-Salem, where you will have an “Outlandish” experience from our mountains to our coast.
In the state’s official tartan, the weaving of landscapes, along with European, African and indigenous American cultural influences, create the tapestry of the Carolinas. Within the plaid, the panoramic views of the region are embodied by the white, yellow and red of the dogwood, poplar and maple, while the shades and tones portray the green, rolling Piedmont hills, Smoky Mountain ridges and the crowning blue of a coastal Carolina summer sky.
A Southern host promises good food, good drinks and good friends! We will have it all in 2020 - fresh seafood, eastern and western BBQ, peanuts, sweet potatoes, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, and Moravian cookies. North Carolina is famous for its vineyards and craft beer; and do not forget our homegrown soft-drinks Cheerwine, Sundrop and Pepsi-Cola! Everyone will have a good time dancing to beach music and experiencing Scottish, Cherokee, Moravian, Coastal and Farm cultures. We also will showcase our HBCU university talent and salute our military service men and women. You do not want to miss it!
How to Participate
- Register for the meeting;
- Reserve a hotel room (your registration confirmation email will include a link for booking your hotel room at a discounted rate);
- Sign up for guest and youth activities with the host state (your registration confirmation email also will include a personalized link to sign up for these events);
- Stay current on Annual Meeting updates via e-mail and the meeting app; and
- Come to North Carolina prepared to share, learn and enjoy!
Last day for discounted registration rates
Last day to secure hotel reservations
Last day to submit a proposed policy position
Last day for online Annual Meeting registration
Last day to cancel registration without incurring administrative charges
On-site registration opens