Annual Meeting - Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on a topic for further information.
- Do I need a registration confirmation number?
- No, attendees simply give their name at Annual Meeting Registration on site to check in and receive meeting materials and credentials.
- I have registered for the annual meeting. Are my guests and I automatically registered for the guest tours or youth program?
- No, please visit the host state website to register for the guest and/or youth programs.
- Is there a single day rate for the annual meeting?
- Yes, the SLC offers a single day rate of $100 for legislators and legislative staff and $200 for all other attendees. However, attendees cannot pre-register for this rate. Registration for the single day rate must be done on site.
- How can I make a hotel reservation?
- Registration for the annual meeting must be submitted to secure discounted hotel room rates. Discounted hotel room reservation links will be sent to the email address submitted with the annual meeting registration.
- I have registered for the meeting. Am I guaranteed conference housing?
- No, registration does not guarantee conference housing. Your registration confirmation email includes links to reserve hotel rooms at the discounted hotel room rate.
- Is there an advantage to booking hotel rooms early?
- Yes, as we cannot guarantee housing, and room availability may become limited, we recommend booking hotel rooms as early as possible.
- Whom do I talk to about changing or cancelling a hotel reservation?
- Please contact your hotel directly to change or cancel a hotel reservation.
- If I book a hotel room outside the designated conference hotels, will conference transportation be available from my hotel?
- No, conference transportation will be provided only at conference hotels.
- I am arriving on Friday, July 28. Can I receive the discounted hotel room rate on my Friday night hotel reservation?
- A certain number of rooms are available at the discounted hotel room rate for Friday, July 28. Discounted hotel room reservation links will be sent to the email address submitted with the annual meeting registration.
- What is the final day to check out of the conference hotels?
- The final day to check out of the conference hotels is Wednesday, August 2. This day is for departures only. The final full day of programming is Tuesday, August 1.
- Can my organization book hotel rooms by block?
- No, hotel rooms must be reserved individually.
Committee Meeting Sessions and Technical Tours
- Do I need to be a member of a committee to attend its sessions?
- No, all publicized SLC committee sessions are open to all registrants regardless of formal committee appointments or affiliations.
- What sessions can staff members attend?
- Staff members are welcome to attend all publicized SLC committee sessions, regardless of formal committee appointments or affiliations. In addition, we encourage staff to attend the Staff Workshop on Saturday, July 29.
- What are committee technical tours and how do I sign up?
- On the final day of substantive programming, Tuesday, August 1, legislator and staff attendees have the opportunity to visit sites pertinent to select SLC committees. Sign up is done on a first-come, first-serve basis while on site at the meeting, in the SLC Policy Office or during committee sessions.
- Will any meeting sessions be held on Wednesday, August 2?
- No, there will be no meeting sessions or events on Wednesday, August 2. This day is for departures only. The final full day of programming is Tuesday, August 1.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- How can I receive CLE credits for attending committee sessions?
- Attending substantive committee sessions may qualify for Continuing Legal Education credits for state government officials and staff in SLC member states. Substantive committee sessions are identified with a superscript CLE following the session title. Forms and instructions are available at the CLE table, located by Annual Meeting Registration. Please note that CLE credits are not guaranteed, and that qualifications vary by state.
Guest and Youth Programs
- How do I sign up for the guest tours or youth program?
- Whom can I contact with a question about the guest tours or youth program?
- Can guests and youth attend the State Dinner?
- Guests age 18 and older are welcome to attend the State Dinner; however, we strongly encourage attendees age 17 and under to attend the youth activity organized for that same Tuesday evening.
- What is the suggested attire for committee meetings?
- Attire for committee meetings is casual or resort casual.
- What is the suggested attire for committee technical tours?
- Unless otherwise indicated, attire for committee technical tours is casual.
- What is the suggested attire for the State Dinner?
- Attire for the State Dinner is business formal.
- What is the suggested attire for family and guest activities?
- Attire for family and guest activities is casual unless otherwise indicated. Please visit the host state website for more information.